Since 1968, Bob Moffitt has developed and directed Christian organizations that encourage Christians to demonstrate God's love, especially to broken people and their communities. His heart for the global Church and its role in transformation was shaped by two years with the Peace Corps in Africa, a two-year study of missions in Africa, Europe, the Middle East and Asia, a seminary major in missions, and 12 years of ministry among inner-city youth.
Bob founded the Harvest Foundation in 1981 and has served as its president since that time. He is co-founder of the Disciple Nations Alliance.
Bob has a Ph.D. in adult education from Union Institute in Ohio and also has done graduate studies in public administration, apologetics, missions, Biblical studies, and volunteer administration in the United States, Israel and Switzerland. As president of Harvest and co-founder of the Disciples Nations Alliance, Bob maintains a busy travel schedule, training church leaders around the world in Biblical, wholistic ministry. He developed the major portion of Harvest’s training materials and is author of the book If Jesus Were Mayor.
Bob and his wife, Judy, have three adult children and four grandsons.
- If Jesus Were Mayor: How Your Local Church Can Transform Your Community If Jesus Were Mayor challenges readers to grasp an enlarged Biblical understanding of the church's pivotal importance. Author Bob Moffitt encourages readers to catch a vision of Jesus' agenda for their community and perceive the church's role in cultural transformaton through the lenses of Scripture, history, and current examples. Moffitt also demonstrates how local churches can be equipped and mobilized.
- God's Unshakable Kingdom The concept of the kingdom of God is one of the most confusing and misunderstood ideas in the Bible. Some have launched violent revolutions or advocated elaborate schemes of social engineering in the name of establishing the kingdom of God on earth. Others think of God's kingdom as heaven or as looking forward to Christ's return, but they are not clear about the kingdom's nature or it's relevance to their lives on this side of eternity.
- The Worldview of the Kingdom of God Revolutionizing the lives and renewing the minds of believers and local churches from North America to Africa, the Kingdom Lifestyle Bible Studies help people grow in their relationships with the King and his kingdom. Each tested, insightful study is designed for group or individual use and equips believers to engage in a vibrant life with Christ and offer healing to a broken world. The Worldview of the Kingdom of God explores the biblical worldview and why understanding it and living it are essential to leading a fruitful, abundant life - a life that God can effectively use to transform our families, communities, and nations.
- God's Remarkable Plan for the Nations Revolutionizing the lives and renewing the minds of believers and local churches from North America to Africa, the Kingdom Lifestyle Bible Studies help people grow in their relationships with the King and his kingdom. Each tested, insightful study is designed for group or individual use and equips believers to engage in a vibrant life with Christ and offer healing to a broken world. God's redemptive plan is the central theme of the entire Bible, from Genesis to Revelation. While this plan begins with individuals, it's more comprehensive - more wonderful - than this. God's redemptive interest extends to the transformation of entire nations and cultures, encompassing every sphere of society, from commerce to the arts to government. Ultimately, will the church of our generation be faithful to Jesus' command to make disciples of all nations according to the fullness of what Jesus intended? For this to occur, we must regain a comprehensive understanding of God's remarkable plan for the nations.
- Could Evangelism Lead to Sin? Bob has a passion to see the Church fulfill its potential to demonstrate God’s manifold wisdom and power to the observing powers in heavenly places - Ephesians 3:10. This passion has demonstrated itself in encouraging and training pastors and church leaders around the globe in the theology and praxis of wholistic ministry since 1980. Bob founded and leads the Harvest Foundation (www.harvestfoundation.org), he co-founded, with Darrow Miller, Disciple Nations Alliance (www.disciplenations.org), and has authored related curricula and books including, If Jesus Were Mayor. In this book he expresses his growing concern that evangelical churches weaken the very Kingdom they champion by giving priority to conversion rather than discipleship.